We Hate to Lose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Curtis out

4 posters

Go down

Kevin Curtis out Empty Kevin Curtis out

Post by Realdeal91 Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Wide receiver Kevin Curtis will undergo surgery Thursday for a sports hernia and will "be out for a while," head coach Andy Reid said on Wednesday. Reid had no specific timetable for Curtis' recovery, other than that he expects Curtis back with the team during the regular season.

Curtis suffered the injury during last Friday's game against Carolina, and tried to play through it.

"We're trying to not wait and do that whole thing," Reid said. "We're trying to get on it. We've identified (the hernia) and it's the problem, and we're trying to get it taken care of."

Reggie Brown will miss his second consecutive preseason game with a hamstring strain. DeSean Jackson will start in Brown's spot Friday in New England, while Greg Lewis and Hank Baskett will rotate at Curtis' spot. Reid said the team currently had no interest in free agent wide receiver Joe Horn, and would not comment on trade possibilities.

The Eagles are no strangers to sports hernias, but there seems to be no trend for accurately diagnosing a recovery time for Curtis. Donovan McNabb missed the final seven games of the 2005 season after undergoing surgery for the injury. L.J. Smith was hampered with one in 2007. But, on the flip side, both Sheldon Brown and former running back Duce Staley played through the injury.

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15919

They said approx 6-8 weeks.

Fuck you, Billy Penn.

Realdeal91

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Kevin Curtis out Empty Re: Kevin Curtis out

Post by Justin Evans Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 pm

shitty, shitty news. I am going to post my thoughts about it in a little.
Justin Evans
Justin Evans
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://wehatetolose.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Scott Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 am

Justin Evans wrote:shitty, shitty news. I am going to post my thoughts about it in a little.

this ruined my day yesterday, why does this crap have to happen to use Ahhhhhhhhh, what do you guys think about us picking up Joe Horn?
Bryant Scott
Bryant Scott

Number of posts : 17

http://www.myspace.com/bscot012

Back to top Go down

Post by bigroose13 Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm on both sides with Joe Horn but I'd rather see us make a push for Anquan Boldin who is unhappy in Arizona.

Curtis could be healthy by mid-September though but who knows. His time line is all over the place.
bigroose13
bigroose13

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryant Scott Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm

bigroose13 wrote:I'm on both sides with Joe Horn but I'd rather see us make a push for Anquan Boldin who is unhappy in Arizona.

Curtis could be healthy by mid-September though but who knows. His time line is all over the place.

yeah boldin would be great lol, the only problem I have with Curtis is that like 36% of his total yards were from like two big games....it's not really a representative of how he did throughout the entire season. .....idk....
Bryant Scott
Bryant Scott

Number of posts : 17

http://www.myspace.com/bscot012

Back to top Go down

Post by bigroose13 Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:00 pm

With or with out Curtis, I want Boldin and he could be a huge factor in this teams chances of regaining the NFC East.
bigroose13
bigroose13

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Evans Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

bigroose13 wrote:I'm on both sides with Joe Horn but I'd rather see us make a push for Anquan Boldin who is unhappy in Arizona.

Curtis is out until late October, not mid-September.

Joe Horn would be a veteran, but he's not going to provide much unless he finds his old self. Boldin would be nice, but Arizona doesn't want anything we have except for maybe our first round picks.
Justin Evans
Justin Evans
Admin

Number of posts : 312

http://wehatetolose.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: