We Hate to Lose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer League

Go down

Summer League Empty Summer League

Post by Justin Evans Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:53 pm

From Comcast Sportsnet

The Sixers opened their summer league Friday night with a 96-89 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Las Vegas.

Thaddeus Young led the Sixers with 27 points, while first-round pick Marreese Speights had 22 points and 13 rebounds. Jason Smith added 11 points and nine rebounds, while St. Joe’s product Pat Carroll had seven points on 3-for-6 shooting.

“I thought it was a typical summer league game,” Sixers assistant coach John Loyer told NBA.com. “I thought both teams competed for 40 minutes. We like some of the things our young guys did. We’re just looking to get better.”

Warriors rookie forward Anthony Randolph scored a game-high 30 points.

The Sixers face Denver at 5 p.m. Saturday.

Nice showing by the young kids. Patt Carroll could be a nice scorer off the bench, but we'll see. The Sixers definitely need to find a guy that can drill the big shot. Calathes would be an interesting guy to look at if the Heat drop him.
Justin Evans
Justin Evans
Admin

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://wehatetolose.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Summer League Empty Re: Summer League

Post by Justin Evans Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:48 pm

The Sixers continued their summer league schedule Saturday night with a 99-85 loss to the Denver Nuggets in Las Vegas.

Thaddeus Young led all scorers with 22 points, while Jason Smith had 15. First-round pick Marreese Speights posted 14 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Grand Valley State product Jamont Gordon added 12 points, along with five assists and six rebounds.

Former Duke standout Dahntay Jones led the Nuggets with 21 points.

The Sixers take on the Lakers 5 p.m. Tuesday.

---CSN

So far, Speights seems like he done well and Young is playing extremely well. I think Young could explode into an amazing player this year. I love the guys work ethic. I really need to think about whether I'm going to go for a Young or Brand Jersey retro style.
Justin Evans
Justin Evans
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Evans Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 am

The Sixers picked up their first win of the summer league schedule on Tuesday, beating the Los Angeles Lakers 81-73.

Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights and Jason Smith each scored 16 points. Junior Harrington scored 15 points off the bench, while Grand Valley State product Jamont Gordon added eight points and four rebounds.

Coby Karl led the Lakers with 18 points.

The Sixers (1-2) face Washington at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Justin Evans
Justin Evans
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: